Many people mistake whiteheads for pimples as they both look alike but there is a difference because whiteheads should be removed very carefully. (Nahhh! Dengar tu.... itu la masalahku sebenarnya!! Bila dipicit tapi tak keluar, tu yang jadi pimples!!)
The best way to prevent the formation of whiteheads is to follow a strict skin care regimen, as follows:
- Clean your face at least twice a day with skincare products that are appropriate for your skin type. Use a facial cleanser that contain salicylic acid or alpha hydroxyl acids as there ingredients help in unclogging the pores.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly – twice or three times a week. Apply the exfoliating products all over your face, using light, circular motions concentration on the problem areas of the face forehead, nose and cheeks. Try to find a gentle exfoliator with small particles it will encourage newer, smoother and healthier skin cells to grow, helping to unclog the pores. (I'm trying hard nowadays)
- Even if your skin is oily or mixed you should never forget to apply a moisturizer or a hydrating cream. (Ini la bah yang aku selalu skip ni. Pikir kalau muka berminyak tak perlu pakai moisturizer. Selama ni aku cuma pakai hydrating serum. Tapi katanya SERUM tu la punca whiteheads. Bingung tul.)
- Once a week steam your face for a few minutes to cleanse your skin in deep. Steaming is very important to loosen debris that may be embedded into the skin. When steaming the face you wide the clogged pores and soften the skin in order to cleanse more easily the impurities, the traces of makeup, the dust, the sebaceous secretions as well as the dead skin cells.
- You can also use a comedone remover (a comedone extractor ) tool – a handy device to help keep pores free of blackheads and blemishes. It will remove all clogged dark bumps with trapped sebum, bacteria and excess oils dislodging pore blockages leaving skin clear and smooth. This tool should be used immediately after steaming the face.
If you have just a small number of whiteheads don’t do anything – leave them the way they are because sometimes whiteheads go away by themselves in a few days. (Betulkah boleh hilang sendiri??? Ndak laa aku picaya)
You should never try to squeeze the whitehead alone; you had better go to the nearest beauty parlor and consult a beautician or a dermatologist. (Helppppp.... i need a profesional beautician!!! Aku dah pernah jumpa Doktor sebelum ni tapi macam tidak dapat membantu)
The cosmetologists are trained to remove whiteheads and the other forms of acne flawlessly. They use special methods and tools to extract the whiteheads without a risk of skin infections and scarring.
- The first thing the cosmetologist will do is to steam your face – to widen the clogged pores and to soften the skin in order to cleanse more easily the impurities. After steaming it will be more easily to remove the comedones /blackheads, whiteheads/ and the little pimples.
- Then she / he will use a sterilized needle to gently prick the tip of the whitehead with the needle. A gentle pressure will be needed to ease out the pus. Basically this is to most common way used by the dermatologist and the beauticians to remove the whiteheads. The method resembles the way a pimple is popped but a higher degree of attention is needed.